Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Support System of a Juggler


My previous post describes me and most of the other moms as Maa Durga. Multitasking is the mantra to succeed. Most of the time we look like the circus juggler with weird hair and half way faded nail polish and yes the unmistakable flat shoes. The flats are sort of postpartum relieve I believe. 
This is for all the moms who resemble me in some way or the other. I have laid down a few thumb rules that act as my support system. They have worked for me hope they do the same for you.

Bring out that Super Mama in you
  1. To begin with you will need a fully supportive spouse. My DH is so sweet he can stand in at any time for anything I do (of course, for the children and what were you thinking!) He can sometimes even manage to do SOMETHINGS really better than me. He has been beside me right from the initial days of being a parent, although it took him sometime and whole lot of coaxing to become one active parent. A mom is more instinct driven and they make time in their life for the child the day they know they have the BUN IN THE OVEN. You just need to expect from your husband and let your husband know of that. Many women give up on expecting, but they must! Do all the ladies hear me???
  2. Be ready to meet any situation, be brave no problem is big enough. You do not actually have solution for a problem in advance.Just remember nothing can be worst than YOU! Yeah! time to metamorphose Maa Durga into Maa Kali.
  3. There will be times when the going gets tough. You will have sick days, holidays, rainy days and definitely oh so sleepy days. Its better to take the child with you if your work place is friendly. On special days like this nothing more than leaving your child under uncertain care brings down your efficiency. With the child around you get piece of mind and can work comfortably. and definitely in your office they will feel a little lost and hence will keep quite.
  4. My first and foremost reason of staying in Kolkata - Guess what?? Maids. I would not be able to survive without the domestic help. Although most of the time they are a pain in the butt, but they make life so EASY. However, I simply do not leave every tasks to the judgment of the maid and Yes! I supervise them. They make life so smooth - cooking, housework, ironwala, janitor- A big THANKS to all the people who work in my home.  Moms who are in areas where domestic help is awfully expensive can definitely take help of the corporate daycare. They are excellent and provides good environment for your child. 
  5. Met some of the moms who constantly fine reason for not doing things. I grew up with the - "Where there is a will, there is a way" attitude. Certainly, I have been lucky but if you start looking you will definitely find a solution. 
Hope all you moms find it of good help.



No comments:

Post a Comment