Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I am Maa Durga


I am MAA Durga, alas with only two hands!

My life is Chaotic, Crazy, Eccentric, Weird, and definitely Hilarious.


These are of course just some of the few tame words that do justice to my job description. Meet me I am the multitasking mom trying to strike a balance with almost 15 or more activities every hour. Working on my blog and my job as a freelancer additional. My range is from supervising the maids, attending the Ironwala and the doodhwala, organizing the clutter and run all day long behind an extremely active toddler. Oh did I miss my Home office and sipping INFUSION....!

Most part of the day I resemble the hapless circus juggler, with a performance pressure of not having five of them come crashing down on you. On days when I succeed doing all of them perfectly I almost feel like Maa Durga - not the circus juggler Puhleez!

Stay-at-home mom? Nah, that does not work for me - its way too tame, womanish for my profile. I prefer to be an efficient WORKING AT HOME MOM. Although that makes me feel a little too active and a little too lost sometimes but I love being that  Maa Durga - Multitasking.

Same is the story for most mothers around Kolkata. Atleast all the mothers at my DS's Playschool. Five minutes to get ready each morning and they end up brushing their hair in the taxi/car on the way to work and trust on every single cheap tricks to look presentable. 

The word of our life - "Hurry!" Surprised! I thought you knew.

There are a couple of my own cheap tricks and they work great for me. Hope they do the same for you as well.

Cheer up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment